Posted 6 years, 3 months ago (0 comments)
Did you know that Friday, May 25th is celebrated internationally as World Thyroid Day? Established in 2008, the five major goals of World Thyroid Day are to:
* Increase awareness of thyroid health
* Promote understanding of advances made in treating thyroid disease
* Emphasize the prevalence of thyroid diseases
* Focus on the urgent need for education and prevention programs
* Expand awareness of new treatment modalities
The Graves' Disease and Thyroid Foundation is proud to recognize World Thyroid Day along with professional organizations such as the American Thyroid Association, as well as our fellow patient groups and members of the Thyroid Federation International.