Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide

#1 Oct. 1, 2020 13:24:12

annaoliva

Ref: Graves eye disease light sensitivity

I was diagnosed with Graves eye disease in 2017. From the start my worst problem with the disease is light sensitivity and its not getting any better. I have done Steroids, Radiation, Surgery, Tepezza but nothing helps the light sensitivity.
Has anyone out there gone thru this and does anyone have any suggestions on what helps or does it ever get better please.

#2 Oct. 13, 2020 15:51:05

Kimberly
Online Facilitator

Hello - I wish we had better treatment options for light sensitivity. In the meantime, good sunglasses can provide some relief - preferably a wrap-around style. A ball cap or other hat with a wide brim can be helpful when outside as well.

Kimberly
GDATF Forum Facilitator

…through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live…
– Dream Theater

#3 Oct. 15, 2020 07:52:43

yorkv01

Well your issue reaffirms my light sensitivity that I've had for many, many years. I've suffered from Grave's eye disease for over 30 years. All I can tell you is to avoid bright light as much as possible. Definately wear a hat or visor outside with Polaroid sunglasses to protect your eyes and eye drops; the kind without antibiotics or preservatives in them.

Edited yorkv01 (Oct. 15, 2020 07:53:16)

• Root
  • » GDATF
  • » Ref: Graves eye disease light sensitivity [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at [email protected] or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2020 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation