Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide
  • Forum Home
  • » GDATF
  • » T4-Only Versus T3/T4 Combination Therapy – Please Share Your Experiences [RSS Feed]

#1 April 3, 2017 04:21:04

Liz1967

T4-Only Versus T3/T4 Combination Therapy – Please Share Your Experiences

Pepcid does not seem to affect levothyroxine, it is an H2 inhibitor (antihistamine). Zantac is also not a PPI so either one if they work for you might be better than ppi.

#2 April 10, 2017 18:58:04

connypie

hi liz, i had a call from my new pcp today.my lab results came back.wow.havent had any bloodwork done in a year.tsh is 9.2 .and my ldl is 218!!!!total cholesterol is 293.my vitamin d is 24.my tsh is usually in range,my cholesterol was a little high,but nowhere near this high.so he upped me to .175 synthroid from .112, put me on a statin and 2000 units of vitamin d plus calcium.i dont know where all this cholesterol comes from,didnt eat anything different,even ate less sweets and more veggies.im gonna take the new synthroid meds every other day with my old dose for a few weeks.i dont tolerate such big increases,gives me hyper symptoms for months afterwards.didnt tell the doc this,brainfog wouldnt let me think of it.,there should be an emoji with a cloud hanging over it for brainfog.lol.and all of this from taking a ulcer med.i even asked the pharmacist last week and was told as long as i took thyroid meds and ulcer meds 4 hours apart,i was fine.i still cant wrap my head around my ldl going from 103 to 218 in a year.and the weird thing is,ive been feeling a little better these last few weeks,not much,but a little better.dont want to know what my bloodwork would have been 2 month ago.now we do the waiting game and repeat bloodwork in 2 month and see what happens.

#3 April 11, 2017 04:07:08

Liz1967

High TSH (hypothyroid) raises cholesterol levels. Increasing synthroid should help your cholesterol.

• Root
  • » GDATF
  • » T4-Only Versus T3/T4 Combination Therapy – Please Share Your Experiences [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at [email protected] or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2017 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation