Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide

If you have not registered or have forgotten your password click on the appropriate link below.

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Or

Or log in using OpenID

Please click your account provider:

Recent News

Recent Forum Posts

• Patient Education Event in Seattle on June 30th!

May 21, 2019, 2:27 p.m.

Please join us for a special patient education event at the Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport! Hear the latest...

• Mood Swing

May 17, 2019, 6:19 p.m.

Hello - This video from Dr. Ira Lesser will hopefully shed some light behind the *why* of the mood issues....

• Mood Swing

May 15, 2019, 7:45 p.m.

Hi all, I love being around people. I love to smile and being helpful as much as I could. However, often...

• t3 and t4 in range, TSH low

May 14, 2019, 4:32 p.m.

I never had a normal TSH when I was on methimazole. When my T4 and T3 were in the normal range, it was always...

May 13, 2019, 12:03 p.m.

There are lots of drugs beside anti-thyroid drugs that can cause hair loss. This article lists some of them,...

May 13, 2019, 8:41 a.m.

Yes, I'm on methimazole. 5mg daily. I just hoped the hair loss would stop as my labs got more in range. The...

May 11, 2019, 6:06 a.m.

Are you on methimazole? It is a drug and one of its side effects is hair loss, irregardless of thyroid...

May 10, 2019, 7:16 a.m.

Hi all, Just wondered if anyone has had the same thing happen, t3 and t4 are both in range and have been...

• Change in medication

May 8, 2019, 9:34 a.m.

Hello - I've not taken Cytomel (and am not a doc), but based on the prescribing info, it looks like the...

• Change in medication

May 7, 2019, 2:28 a.m.

I am not a doctor, nor would I suggest ignoring your physicians advice, but in reviewing the warnings on...

• Change in medication

May 6, 2019, 5:21 p.m.

So I have had Graves' disease since 2012 and it took about a year to find my sweet spot with a combination of...

• Graves Disease and hair loss

May 2, 2019, 6:26 p.m.

Hello and welcome - We're fellow patients here, so can't give advice on medications. In general, the active...

• Graves Disease and hair loss

May 2, 2019, 11:14 a.m.

Hi everyone, DX with Graves in November, on methimazole since December. all labs were within...

• Thyroidoctomy after RAI ??

April 30, 2019, 4:04 p.m.

RAI can start the eye disease in some people. Yet sometimes the eye disease occurs after thyroidectomy, altho...

• Thyroidoctomy after RAI ??

April 30, 2019, 3:18 p.m.

Thnx for ur reply So u think that thyroidoctomy for me now is useless ?? My thyroid now is dead and my...

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at [email protected] or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2019 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation