Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide

#1 March 5, 2017 18:59:59

knots

dealing with Graves disease symptoms

Hello

I am new participant and I have been dealing with Graves disease for about a year. My numbers recently have gone up and my doctor said he believes it is due to my taking Ibuprofen. I was wondering if people have the symptoms I have been having: lack of focus, feeling like my body and mind are disconnected, and my mind flitters and I have been having muscle weakness in my arms and pain. Thank you for responding.

#2 March 6, 2017 16:14:37

Kimberly
Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome! Hopefully, others will chime in, but I've certainly experienced those symptoms while hypER.

I've not heard of a connection with ibuprofen. However, I definitely have seen my levels get off-kilter during periods of stress.

Did your doc suggest a plan of action - like adjusting your dose of meds and retesting?

Kimberly
GDATF Forum Facilitator

…through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live…
– Dream Theater

#3 March 11, 2017 19:48:26

flora

Hi knots - glad you found us!

As you will soon notice, this forum is a wonderful support system for those of us dealing with Graves disease, and the curves it can throw at us - you are truly never alone here. Muscle issues have been a complaint of mine, too. I found this article encouraging, and hope it will of interest and encouragement to you: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1736982/ .
And yes, I do remember that disconnected feeling you describe - for me, it felt like watching life go by, from behind a plate glass window - strange and unsettling, for sure. Notice that I typed “felt”, because little by little, I caught glimpses of my happy self returning, and thankfully, it did!
All the very best to you on your journey - the right thyroid hormone levels for each of us are “where it's at” - hope you find yours, and your goldilocks dose of your medication, really soon!

flora

… there was a star danced, and under that was I born.

#4 March 12, 2017 19:01:58

knots

Thank you for the responses. I have just been so tired when I get home from work that I have not been wanting to do anything. My doctor changed my medication from one a day at 10mg to two a day. I am hoping it will get better. I don't want surgery or radiation pill. Thanks for the article. I hate it when I get the insomnia and it feels like something firing in my head pow pow. My mother thinks I need another doctor. I don't know. Again Thanks for the responses. At least I know I am not alobe.

• Root
  • » GDATF
  • » dealing with Graves disease symptoms [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at info@ngdf.org or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2017 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation